First of all, i need to say what an amazing experience it is to be a missionary on Christmas day. Christmas in Hungary is A M A Z I N G. it is 3 days long. The 24th is "Szent Este" and families decorate their trees together and the Baby Jesus brings the kids presents. On the 25th and 26th everyone has work off and it is basically a wasteland out in the streets because everyone is with family for both of those days.
It has been kinda a crazy two weeks. I don't know if I already said this but I am still serving in the beautiful city of Vesprém. I am training the perfect Sister Jensen. She is from North Salt Lake, Went to Woodscross high school, and we actually have a picture of us racing each other in Hurdles in 8th grade. haha small world right? Well she is just perfect and we are having tons of fun together. Veszprém is a super hard city work wise, so we have just been trying our best to find some investigators, and teach this amazing gospel that we have been so blessed to have in our lives.
So i have been studying this talk called "the fourth missionary" which has completely changed my mission haha. I have to share with you guys this part from it that i feel like so perfectly depicts how we should act in not just our missions, but our lives back at home
"Just give it up. Surrender your will to Him. Unconditionally. Withhold nothing. Turn it all over to Him; all of your desires, wishes, dreams and hopes. Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behavior. Trust in Him. Trust Him who knows all things. Trust Him who has all power. Trust Him whose love for you is perfect. Trust Him, who alone suffered, paid and atoned for your sins, and for your weaknesses as well. Trust Him that He will make of you, immeasurably more, than what you will ever, ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God."
you guys, just give it up. It is honestly that simple. Give up your will to the lord. That is the difference between those that are doing good, but not happy in their lives, and those that are doing good, and are happy. They have just completely given up their wills to God. I KNOW that that is not exactly easy, quite frankly it is terrifying. but that is how i have found happiness out here on a mission. It is how I (hope) am changing, its how we CAN change, and how we can become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ, every single day. which ultimately, isnt that our goal?
On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Lindsi Elizabeth Swenson <email@example.com> wrote:
1. How's was your Christmas dinner at your Branch President's house?Oh just incredible! they are amazing people. So so nice, so generous, and his wife makes the yummiest food i have eaten in hungary!! AlsoI got to skype with my adorable family so that was kind of okay ;)
2. When is your next time in Budapest?It is on January ! for New missionary Training
3. Did you do anything for Pday today?shoppppinnng for warm clothes. Hungary is sooo cold holy cow.
4. What is the next Hungarian Holiday?honestly.. i dont know haha
5. Are you writing down the hungarian Christmas traditions that you want to keep with your kiddos?well of course!!6. You need to think about a Birthday list now. :)haha how long do i have to thiink?!
7. You said holidays were kind of two days in Hungary....what did they do on the second day of Christmas?above in the email i think i answered that guy
8. Do you have any dinner appointments with the branch this week?No one in the branch, but we do with a memeber family and my amazing Investigator Ildiko!!!
9. Do you have to be in early for New Years eve?yeah we have to be in at 9!
10. Did you know that you somehow managed to be even more beautiful when we saw you on Christmas than you were when we saw you on Mother's day?Haha i adore you. thank you for sending me that incredible dress!