UPDATE ON CRAZY BÁCSI WE TRACTED INTO: so we walk into the branch house the other day, and on the table is a nice little letter written in English "dear double missionary thank you very much book, Alexander" sooooooooo basically that bácsi is my favorite person that I have ever come in contact with and I could not even believe my eyes cause that is probably the funniest thing ever. Is it even funny? Am i just definitely a missionary now? haha
UPDATE ON COMPANION: soooooo I basically am the luckiest person because Gordon Nővér is the best human. She is adorable. She is from St. George Utah, went to school at Dixie State, and has been on her mission for a year. We are liiiiterally going to be best friends and I cannot wait for this transfer!!!! (I guess its already here, but you get the idea haha)
This was kiiinda a crazy week with transfers and everything. saying goodbye to Greenwood was soooo sad :( but its okay because change is good you know?!
Highlights of the week:
1. We decided to pray about where to tract, and have the spirit lead us there. so we kinda were just walking around, and felt like we needed to talk to this old investigator in the area book. we went to their 10 storey and csengőd them, and they were home! they let us in and we had a really cool spiritual thought/ lesson with them. also its a family!!!! yay yay yay! When we were leaving the Mom told us that it was really cool that we came today, because she was having such a terrible day and needed something that would uplift her. You guys, Heavenly Father is truly mindful of all of his children. I am so thankful that we were able to follow the Spirit and have the opportunity to teach that family. also they set up with us again so I am very excited to see what could happen :)
2. AUGUST 20. my first holiday in Hungary!!!!!! This holiday is about some king, that did some thing with christianity? As you can tell I am well versed in Hungarian history. BUT the day was so fun. We went to a members house and had a traditional hungarian "bogrács" which is where they cook this giant thing of soup in a big pot over a fire. We played all these games with the members. Our investigator Polett came, and I adore her so much. Such a good time!! That night we watched fireworks over the Tisza river and I ONCE AGAIN had one of those moments where i felt wayyyy too blessed to be a missionary here in this beautiful country of Hungary.
3. My companion and I were invaded by 2 of the BIGGEST BEES I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. We literally locked ourselves in our little room for the evening and did not dare to come out because I am sure we would have lost an arm.
nagyon szeretlek titeket. remélem minden rendben veletek :)
1. What did you do for your Pday today?
2. Do you see the Elder's in your district every day? How do you split up the town?
the town is basically in half, and we usually do end up seeing them everyday!
3. Do you and your companion do your companion study in Hungarian?
4. How is the running going?
my new comp doesnt love running as much sajnos.. but im hoping to go still a couple times a week!
5. Did you get your package?
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i adore you thank you thank you thank you!!!
6. Are you missing any American foods like crazy yet?
yesssssssss cafe rió and cottage cheese and milkshakes
7. Do you like to wear scarves?
sometimes!! i really like the plaid red one we got for my mission!
8. You said you would like a selfie stick....do they work with regular cameras?
9. What was the last dinner that you cooked for yourself?
thai foooooood :)
10. Did you know that your outfits always look so cute in your pictures? You just pull off that beautiful American missionary thing!!!
you are adorable thank you hahaha