Tuesday, July 5, 2016

What a Week!!!!!!!

kedd és szerda: SPLITS IN KISPEST. It was seriously such a blast. The sister training leaders are Sister Willets, and Sister Schoendorfer, and they are probably my favorite people alive. I was on splits with Sister Willets and we went to this suuuper rendes nénis house in Budapest, and got fed... best day of my life.  Then we shared my favorite scripture with her, Alma 26:12.   We then just went casually tracting right next to the Bazilika, okay? Haha, I couldn't help looking around and just thinking "I am wayyyy too blessed". 

Next,  Willets tells me that her ward mission leader knows me, and like loves me, and  was sooooo confused, cause how does this random ward mission leader in Kispest Hungary know me and love me? Haha, then I totally remembered that Michelle Anderson (Curtain) (who served in hungary) Got me in touch with Láci before my mission. We talked about Hungary, and he gave me so much advice! It was really cool because i called him and he was soooo excited and asked if he could meet me in real life! and I got to go meet him! Such a cool experience! 

csütörtök: We had sooo many lessons this day!! We had one with Gyöngyi and Irén again. Wow the spirit is incredible in those meetings. We got to teach them the Plan of Salvation, and they are really really getting it! I am super excited to see where things go with them! 

We had our first lesson with Polett and I was SO excited to meet her because I had heard so much about her from wWthers.  She is just as incredible as Withers told me! She was the most caring person and asked me so many questions about myself.  She was sooo patient with my Hungarian. After we had our lesson, we went to fagyi  with her, and she bought it for us so you could say best day of my life? i adore Polett. ah. 


Szombat: Literally best day of my mission so far. Saturday was so fun! we started out the morning bright and early and headed over to Erdikas for a "garden" service project...except for, here's the thing.., It definitely was not a garden, more like a forest hahah...It is actually suuuper sad because Erdikas husband lost his legs a couple of years ago because of smoking, and he is basically just a torso on a wheel chair :( It was the coolest thing to do service for them. There was absolutely no way Erdika could have done any part of that on her own! The branch in Szolnok is incredible and we worked so hard! Afterwords, Erdika fed us literally a 5 course meal of the most delicious Hungarian food I have ever had in my life. blessings upon blessings.

 That night we had sport nap again and we got to play soccer with Gabor and his buddies.  This time was probably the best thing in the world. These guys are legit. they are all like 25 year old majdnem professional soccer players and I have never been more happy in my whole entire liiiiiiiife. sport nap. is. my. favorite. 

FOURTH OF JULY: sooooo what do missionaries in Hungary do to celebrate the Fourth of July???? Well obviously we make American pancakes, (none of this palacsinta business), with syrup from the USA :'), and buy a giant watermelon, wear red white and blue, and eat it by the tisza of course. Haha yesterday was sooo much fun. also it made me sooo grateful that I am American.


Kedd (today haha): We just had the coolest experience in the whole world. We went tracting today.  I have been praying soooo hard to find the people who need us.  We like got lead to this random street and knocked on this Nénis door.  We started talking to her but she could not understand Greenwood's Hungarian,  so I somehow talked to her.   Then she let us inside and I literally talked to her the whole time, and taught her, and she just started crying and told us that she had just found out this morning that her sister had died, and she felt so alone and just needed people.... and like what the amazing right? The Lord seriously leads us to those that need us if were just willing to follow his spirit. Agh she is so adorable and  she gave us all of these peaches from her peach tree, and she wants me to marry her son.... hahahah so yes my Hungarian wedding will be next week if any of you would like to join. 

Missions are crazy,  but I am loving every single second out here. Thanks for all of the emails you guys, and all of the thoughts, and prayers. I FEEL THEM. and I hope you all feel my prayers as well. I am so thankful to be here. what an incredible experience to share the happiness I have felt every day of my life, with the people here in Hungary who have never even heard of our church. I AM SO GRATEFUL. 

vigyázzatok magadatok ok? sok szeretettel!!!!
Swenson nővér :)


1.  Do you ever sing in church?
haha yes 

2.  What did you do for Pday today?
fourth of july festivities, see above :)

3.  What is your favorite Hungarian dessert, and, explain what it is....
hahah uhm, gyümölcs leves, its basically fruit soup! soooo delicious. i like the meggy one, which is sour cherry ahh its to die for

4.  Any news on the luggage shopping?
asdfljk stress
5.  Are most of the missionaries from Utah that are in Hungary?
hahahah YES. 

6.  What time are you usually back to your apartment by?
i just finished 12 week so now itll be like 9 oclock ish?

7.  Is this apartment bigger than your last one?  You should send pictures!!
yes yes i will send :)

8.  Do you have a washer and dryer in your apartment?
yes a washer, no to a dryer haha dryers do not exist in hungary 

9.  Are you understanding Hungarian better than you can speak it?
YES. i literally basically understand everything but i can not speak this dang language to save my liiiiiiiife

10.  Did you know that you have a REALLY cute nose?  It is just perfectly sitting on your very pretty face..yep, Pretty proud of that nose from a genetic standpoint!!
hahha hey thanks for the genetics

No comments:

Post a Comment