Tuesday, August 23, 2016

What a Crazy Week. August 16, 2016

What a crazy week!! haha i feel like i could say that every single week serving here in the Hungary budapest Mission. 
I am so sorry i dont have much time this week so i will just hit some of the highlights from the week. haha


First of all GREAT NEWS: I AM STAYING IN SZOLNOK :') I was so scared I was going to have to one and done my second city, but ne féljetek!!! I will be getting Gordon Nővér and I know her a little bit cause she was in my last zone, and she is ADORABLE so i'm super excited to serve with her :)

Second, I HAVE BEEN ON A MISSION FOR 6 MONTHS. where does time even go?

Third I have to tell you my FAVORITE LET IN SINCE I HAVE GOTTEN TO THIS ORSZÁG. Greenwood and I were tracting and the smallest bácsi  I've ever seen just opens up the door and lets us right in without stopping for two seconds. What this bácsi lacked in size, he made up for in volume. haha when he talked to us, he talked like 2 inches away from your face, and basically just yelled at you, staring at you with his giant bácsi glasses. He kept saying "I didn't know girls were coming over" and he ran into the room to lace up his pajama pants with a church belt. haha classic. He just kept telling us that he knows about Roosevelt and kept walking us around his tiny 10 storey apartment showing us all of his books and then told me I have beautiful eyes, and grabs greenwood and moves her into the light, because little do we know he is blind in one eye.  Then he told her she has beautiful eyes too. haha He then  decided to show us his typewriter and explains to us that all he spends his time doing is writting letters to this newspaper on his typewriter. Anyway it was kinda just the weirdest, funniest experience of my life, and as I read that back i realize that I did a terrible job explaining this, and I am so sorry to everyone.  Just know it was HILARIOUS. and I am just so happy that people like this man exist in this world that is all. haha

Last night we had the most TENDER dinner at one of the member's house. It is Elder Bairds birthday on the 20th,  so they made him this huge birthday surprise and it was so fun and so tender because they are just the sweetest, most caring people in the whole entire world. They made us SO MUCH delicious food, and Ircsi made Baird his favorite fun fetti cake. SUCH a good end to the transfer.




I have been reading the 4 gospels and Jesus the Christ by  Talmage for my personal studies lately, and I real quickly just want to bear my testimony of our Savior. I have such a deep appreciation for everything that my Savior has done for me, and every human on this earth. As I read miracle after miracle that he performed during his life here on earth, I kinda just sit here astonished about them all. These things really happened you guys. Jesus Christ raised people from the dead, he gave blind people vision, he fed FIVE THOUSAND people with 5 loaves and 2 fish. I know sometimes we just read these things and think, "oh yes that's very cool that those things happened" but no, these things are MIRACLES you guys. miracles that the son of God was sent down to earth, and performed these for his brothers and sisters on earth. the atonement is real. and can help every single one of us, every single day. I have seen it on my mission. I have seen people change. once again i am just so grateful for this gospel, and i am SO grateful that I can be a missionary in this crazy country i get to call my home for the next year :)



SOK SZERETETTEL, 
SWENSON NŐVÉR



1.  Pday activity today?
packing ahhhh and getting ready for transfers!!

2.  How are your sheets holding up?
pretty good actually!

3.  Are you thinking in Hungarian?  Do you still have to think in English and translate, or are you able to just talk????
haha i mean when im speaking hungarian i think in hungarian, and no i can basically just talk now! 

4.  Do you prefer to wear dresses or skirts and blouses?
dresses for suuuuure

5.  Is it still crazy humid and hot?
not as bad as in june and july!! but definitely yes. haha ahh it gets sooo hot! 


6.  Do you still get time to play your guitar?
yes, it is literally my favorite thing in the world. 

7.   Is all of your stuff going to fit in your old and new suitcase?
I HOPE SO AH. 

8.  Have you formed an opinion as to what is your favorite Hungarian meal yet?
definitely rakott krumpli! or anything with nöl kedli in it. holy yummmmmm.

9.  Do you have a zone conference every transfer?
yes we have about 3 a transfer!

10.  Did you know that your eyes SPARKLE?  You are crazy beautiful my amazing Lindsi!!
you are adorable and i miss you SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment