Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Ladies and Gentlemen.......




I do not have much time but I will tell you the important parts of my life 
1. we had a hip hop party with all of the Budapest zone and my 63 year old investigator did a handstand in the middle of the circle. these things are important.
2. One of our investigators named Zoltán wants to be baptized!!!!!! Miracles happen ladies and gentlemen. 
3. Sister Mason and I took a swing break while tracting and I had way too good of a time, and in that moment I realized that if a swing could give me that much of a thrill, then I have definitely become a missionary.

For my spiritual thought I thought that I would quote my amazing friend Kenadee.   In one of her letters she wrote

“You’re life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

So why is it that life begins at times of discomfort? I've come to this conclusion. We thrive and grow the most in times of discomfort because it is in those very times that we find ourselves on our knees more than we were before. Even if you are doing everything you should, and praying 20 times a day, if you let the Lord take you out of your comfort zone, you will find yourself praying 21 times a day. You will further your conversion to the Him and you will be a better disciple because of it. And guess what else? You will come to know Him, and your relationship with Him will grow. Whether on a mission or not, there are things we have to do for this gospel and for our testimony that makes us a little uncomfortable. I am so grateful for the Atonement that's able to carry us up out of those times and bring us out even better than we were before. It's like that quote at conference, "You can have what you want, or you can have something better." Let Him give you what is better. Not what is easier, but what is BETTER!”  


I have such a big testimony about this. if a mission has done anything to me, it has not just taken me out of my comfort zone, it has literally picked me up and drop kicked me out of there. I have spent MUCH time pondering why. why change is so hard, why we need these experiences in our lives, and one of the conclusions that I have come to is just what Kenadee said, It is so that we can, through the atonement, come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. It is so we can rely on him, so that we can turn to prayer, so we anticipate the sacrament each week, because we know it is a chance to become better. I am grateful for the times that I have been so uncomfortable, and so stretched to my very limit, because that is when I have learned, thats when my Savior has corrected me, and helped me to become better. 





GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEK. everyone get exicted. 



love you all, miss you all. 

sok szeretettel,
Swenson nővér

1.  What are your Pday plans today?
parliment tour!!!! so exciting

2.  Does Mason like to cook?
yes! we definitely cook sometimes 

3.  Do you walk more or less in Pest than you did in your "country" areas.
uhm, it depends, probably less because now we travel a lot by metro and bus, but we still walk a lot to get to our destinations? kinda hard to explain haha 

4.  How much more is involved in being a STL other than going on splits with the Sisters?
uhm, we go to MLC trainings every two weeks, and we give trainings in the zone trainings, talk with the mission presidents wife a couple of times a week,  but thats about it!!

5.  Do you have any funny stories about street contacting this week?
hahah some man asked us why our god wants to kill babies. thats always fun to talk about with people 

6.  What do people generally think of Americans in Pest?
everyone thinks that america is like "the promised land" that life is so amazing, nothing is ever wrong, its kinda funny haha 

7.  Have you seen any Marriotts?  Have to keep our options open!!!
actually YES. i saw one in kispest and i literally was like "this is where we are going to stay when we come" its in the cooolest location ever too. 

8.  Are there any cool Hungarian holidays coming up?  Do Hungarians celebrate Easter generally?
haha yes they celebrate easter but they do it hilariously. guys usually go around and dump water on girls heads, or perfume, and then they ask for a kiss or candy

9.  Does your mission president have kids at home still?  Do you know what he did for a living before he became a mission president?
yes he has a daughter who is 14 or 15, she is a perfect human haha so adorable. but i think he was like something to do with border control? i know he studied mathematics!
 

10. Did you know that your eyes look more beautiful every day???

haha i love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment