Monday, June 20, 2016

Coming at you live from Szolnok, Hungary!! Hallostok a családom és barátaim :)



Szerda:
Holy crazy day! we are doing transfers now at the mission home, which is really nice because you get to see everyone, but then super hard because you have to drag your luggage around everywhere! and that prooobably wouldnt have been too bad, but just because my name is Lindsi Swenson, my suitcase decided to totally break and just imagine how much fun that was!!! Seriously don't even worry i LOVE carrying 50 pound suitcases through Budapest yay!!! 

Transfers were so much fun to see and meet everyone in the mission. i have heard soo much about everyone and so it was super fun to actually meet them in real life! Haha,  after that, we went to lunch with Thomas Elder who was in my MTC group whom I just adore.   Then we headed off to Szolnok! Okay so everybody says that Szolnok is not the prettiest city in the whole world, but they are wrooooong and everyone needs to stop hating on Szolnok because it is the cutest little city, and I seriously love it here!!


Csütörtök:
We met with our WML Tibor and he is the nicest guy. he is suuuuper helpful with our missionary work too and that is awesome because our new thing in the mission is getting members present to every single lesson. After meeting tibor he took us to the tiszavirág festival. the festival is in honor of the bugs that "flower" (virág means flower) on the tisza and are only alive for one day of the year. We got to talk to this drunk néni allllll about it, so that was exciting haha.   Then i got to try my first Kürtös Kalács and its probably the reason I am going to stay in Hungary for the rest of my life. SO GOOD.


Péntek:
Friday we had our first district meeting, We all brought our pictures and introduced ourselves. Greenwood nővér is adorable!!! She is the most chill human being I have ever met and she is super easy to get along with. We are going to have SO much fun this transfer! She is from New Mexico and is 21 and she went to BYU for a year before the mish :) Elder Hughes and Baird are both from utah and super great guys!



Vasárnap:
So the Szolnok branch already has my heart. Oh my gosh the members here are just amazing. It was so fun to meet everyone that I have heard SO much about from Withers Nővér!! This branch is suuuper rendes and so willing to help us out in our missionary work. seriously i feel way too blessed to be here!! I got to bear my testimony/introduce myself as well and everyone LOVED when I said I have a twin haha Hungarians always think that is the coolest thing. 

After church we got to go teach SANDOR. ahhhhh im obsessed with sandor. he is a 52 year old man and Withers found him and he was just baptized and his daughter Judit is 18 and i just love them all so much already. Sandor made us meggy gyümölcs leves which was delicious, and I wish that you all could meet him and that I could do him ANY justice by describing him ahhh. 

Sunday night we were doing dinner with the elders and we had to make peanut butter cookies really fast because who shows up to district dinner without peanut butter cookies right?? Anywho, we tried to make them... TRIED being the key word haha. Greenwood accidentally put them in the oven with the cutting board... and we kinda.. melted the cutting board... and it was kinda a disaster. haha but do not fret we took at knife to the dried melted plastic all night and cleaned everything. hahaha the life of a missionary. 

Ive been reading Jesus the Christ for personal studies and I cannot get over how amazing that book is. Or how amazing our Savior is. There is a quote by Dieter F. Uchtdorf that says "The greatest, Most capable, most accomplished man who ever walked this earth was also the most humble." I Think that is incredible. I have such a stronger desire to be more like my Savior, and to develop all of the Christlike attributes and truly become a better Lindsi Swenson, but with his help. I am SO thankful for my savior.

I LOVE YOU ALL SORRY THIS EMAIL WAS SO LONG IF YOU HAVE MADE IT TO THE END YOU ARE A HOMIE



sok szeretettel
Swens monayyyyyy



1.  So, what do pdays in your new town look like?
today we went on an adventure walk with the elders and i probably got like 14 ticks haha we were trudging through a legit forest but it was so fun!!

2.  How big is your branch, ward?
there is about 20 people that come to church!

3.  Do you know any of the Elders/sisters in your district?
elder baird served with withers before, but other than that nope!

4.  Is Greenwood Nover related to Dr. Les Greenwood?
sajnos no :(

5.  Do you know a Mckay Bruse?  His family is moving into Marcia Moody's house.
whaaaat???? hahaha youre kidding! i love mckay bruse!! i taught the little bruce girls in swimming lessons at oakridge!! you will love his mom!!

6.  How is your knee feeling?
it actually started hurting super bad again but i will be fine!!!! do not fret!

7.  Have you cooked any hungarian food yet for yourself?
yes! rako krumpli and gyümölcs leves!

8.  Does everybody in Hungary have Iphones?
haha not really? kinda?

9.  Any clothing requests?
ahhh any cute dress like the one you sent me!! or long skirts!! summery stuff is always amazing!!

10.  I love how your eyes are totally sparking and smiling in every picture that you send.  You my dear are a beautiful young woman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment