Thursday, September 1, 2016

Yes!!! of course I would love some more of your chicken foot soup, thaaannnnks...."

Yes!!! of course I would love some more of your chicken foot soup, thaaannnnks...."

I wish i could tell you guys that I didn't have to say that sentence this week, but I did. I LOVE THIS CRAZY HUNGARIAN LIFE THAT I LIVE. 

I don't have much time this week sajnos, but I want to tell at least one cool story that happened this week!!  We set a pretty high goal for giving out Book of Mormons this week, and it was coming to the end of the week, and we still needed to give out 4 more Book of Mormons on Sunday to reach our goal. Before going out whiiiiiiich is pretty close to impossible seeing as how we usually give out only 4 book of mormons in a week haha, We prayed to our Heavenly Father to help us give these Book of Mormons out, and to help us find those people who are in need, and prepared to accept this gospel.



 

We went out tracting and immediately gave out 2 Book of Mormons, and i was really excited about that, but after that, we still had to give 2 more away. We went streeting and tried to talk to as many people as possible, but we just couldn't give out our final two. We almost began to go home, and then I saw this family, and i had a really big impression to go and talk to them. We went like so awkwardly out of our way to go and talk to them, and I was so excited to talk to them, thinking that they basically all were going to be baptized after hearing this message from me haha buuuuut unfortunately they they did not talk to us long enough to let me get out the full name of our church haha. I was so confused as to why i would have had such a strong prompting, if they just didnt want anything to do with us. We continued to walk in the direction that the family was, and turned the corner, and literally the next people we came upon were another family. We started talking to them and they were so interested. they took a Book of Mormon, and I was able to testify to them that this book can change their lives through the atonement of Jesus Christ. It was such a learning experience for me that God answers our prayers, maybe just not in the ways that we expect him to. I was so glad that I followed that spiritual prompting, and we were able to make our goal of giving out 9 Book of Mormons in one week :) (we are in Hungary haha what do you expect!!)


sok szeretettel, 
Swenson Nővér :)

1.  Pday activities today?
grocery shopping, showing gordon nővér around Szolnok

2.  How far away from your apartment is your church building?
like two streets away. god bless america :')

3.  Did you have splits this week?
nope nope, we have them in september 13 and 14 and WITHERS IS THE NEW STL. so i get to go on splits with her, you could say im pretty excited!!

4.  Is there such a thing as chips and salsa in Hungary?
hah you can get them at big stores, but its not really a usual thing. 

5.  How is the fruit and vegetable selection in the grocery stores?
INCREDIBLE. they have such a good selection at the stores we shop at. 

6.  What do you usually have for breakfast?  Do you always have the same thing?
usually i make oatmeal from scratch. haha are you proud of me?

7.  How many zones are there in your mission?
5 zones!

8.  Do you put on makeup every day to go out tracting?
HAHAHAHHAHA no

9.  Does Gordon Nover play any instrument?
nope!

10.  Did you know that you have such a pretty, beautiful face?  You just stand out in your pictures!!
haha its cause youre my mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment