Saturday, October 1, 2016

"Dont think about life too much, just enjoy it"





"Dont think about life too much, just enjoy it" this is advice i just got from a hungarian we talked to on the train. Wow i am just reminded every single day how cool missions are.
This week was intense.  On Tuesday we had a fake emergency thing that we thought was real.  We had to pack all of our stuff up and leave our homes in 90 minutes. We all thought it was real, and I was pretty sure I was going to be going to a different mission haha it was sooo intense. We had to go straight to the branch house with all of our stuff and wait for a text from President, waiting to see if we were all going to be kicked out of Hungary, haha so what did our district decide to do? make a music video of course. BEST day!!
One day whilst tracting in szandeszőlős, a man tried to give me and my companions a diseased kitten. If that little experience doesn't sum up Hungary, idk what does.
So here is the thing you guys. missions are hard. It is not an easy thing to be away from your families for one and a half to two years haha not easy at all. I was having kind of a hard week this week (nobody worry haha I am so fine!) but I was talking to my companions, and just kind of  telling them what was going on, and they suggested that I get a blessing. ah. that is the most humbling thing ever. I do not like to ask for help, I do not like to feel like a burden to people, I do not like to show and or tell people that I have weaknesses. I haaaate it. but I knew that a blessing was the answer. The last couple of days I had been pouring out my heart to my Heavenly Father, asking for help and comfort, but I never gave him the opportunity to help and comfort me. I am so grateful to have received a blessing, and so incredibly humbled. Missions are hard you guys. missions are so hard. but I do not have to do ANY of this alone. Even when I feel so alone, when I feel like no one here gets me, when I am tempted to feel like I  am not good enough, I know that my Savior not only knows exactly how I feel, rather he is right beside me, extending his hand to pick me up. Instead of me trying to stand up all on my own, I can reach out and just take his outstretched hands. The whole time I have been writing this I have been thinking of Ether 12:27. We are given these weaknesses so we will be humble. so we will turn to our Father in Heaven. What a humbling, incredible thing to know how imperfect I am, and how perfect God is. 

SOK SOK SOK szeretettel,
Swenson Nővér 

1.  What did you crazy sisters do for your P-Day?
BUDAPEST!! we had a doctors appointment we had to go to, and so we are currently emailing in a little internet cafe in budapest 

2.  Do all three of you sleep in the same bedroom?
igennnn

3.  Do you usually tract some every day?
yes we tract at least an hour every day!

4.  Do you all cook your own food, or do you cook as a group for your meals?
we kinda do a lot of both!! its really fun we make lots of hungarian food like tejfölös csirke and lots of yummy things like that

5.  What is the next Hungarian Holiday?
im... actually not sure hahah i suck

6.  How is the running going?  Does Brantley like to run?
they let me run every other day so life is good! yes she does!

7. Do you write in your journal every day?
.... yes, totalllllly.... haha yes actually mostly!
8.  What are you going to do to watch general conference?
branch house!

9.  How is the guitar playing going?
i. love. my. guitar. 

10.  Did you know how much your laugh adds to my life.  You are just a happy, person.  IT seems you make the choice to be happy every day.  Love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment