Monday, February 6, 2017

Thank You

First of all i need to start this letter with a THANK YOU. I got all of the kind words that you all wrote me this week for christmas. (My package got lost in mail, haha what do we expect people this is a typical day in the life of Lindsi Swenson) But honestly, I just cannot get over how blessed I am, and how much I needed those, and how thankful I am for the amazing people my Heavenly Father has placed into my life. I just look up to you all so much its unreal. 

How does one accurately describe this week? I still don't know but I am just going to type and see what happens.  Haha this week started with the most disgusting weather I have ever seen in my life, like I am shocked that this whole country isn't in a deep hole of depression, but I mean I guess they kinda are, you know communism and such (awkward transition) annyyyway, we had another little tracting miracle this week, where our Heavenly Father just stopped me right in my tracks and told me "no lindsi, you're wrong, do it my way" and so we went to the complete opposite side of the city, and tracted this building, and found THE CUTEST little family who had this 14 year old daughter.    It took a total of 3 seconds before we were wearing tiaras, and sunglasses, and dancing to a Frozen song coming out of a toy car stereo (hahahaha the little girl is actually 4 years old but I accidentally typed a 1 and kept it because i like the idea of you guys picturing us dancing around like that with someone who would definitely be way too old for that sort of nonsense).

Right after that little miracle we ice skated over to our investigator Noras house, and I am not joking you, I think I had the most spiritual lesson of my whole entire mission. I have absolutely never felt the guidance of the Holy Ghost more apparently, I think ever in my life. 

At one point in time she told us that she feels like God and Jesus don't love her sometimes, and that sometimes they are not proud of her. I have never testified harder that God is so proud of her. I think honestly that was Gods was also telling me that he is proud of me as well. Hearing Nora say that he doesn't love her, was absolutely absurd to me! of course he loves her! of course he is proud of her! She is his daughter, Christ is her brother, and he payed for her sins BECAUSE he loves her.  But, how many times have I thought that exact same thing in my life? God really taught me so much in that lesson, and it just built onto my testimony so much that this is the true church.

 Nora ended up accepting our invitation, and driving us to church on Sunday!!! when Nora picked us up she told me that I was "shining" but that is probably because i had the biggest dumbest smile on my face because i was so excited she was coming to church. 

Rita is doing amazing and her baptism is still set for February 18. Rita will be getting baptized, and also a family that the elders are meeting with. We are soo excited. I tell you people there are just way too many miracles happening over here in the szep város of Veszprém. 

na, csillagaim, befejeznem kell, de hálás vagyok értitek. legyetek bátrak. ne felejtetek el hogy isten mindig néz le ránk, és mindig hallgat az imáinkra. azt meg mondtam őszintén. 

sok szeretettel mindenkinek, 
Swenson nővér




 
Questions
1.  Pday activity today?

cards with the elders!

2.  Do you just have one pillow to sleep with?  Is that enough?
haha i have somehow managed to find three so in this apartment i have been fine!

3.  So, what does your new schedule look like since your schedule change?
uhm, basically its our decision. we still have exercise, study, and now planning in the morning, and then lunch at somepoint, and dinner, but where we put our other studies like language, and 12 week, are our decision now. so it just completely depends on the day, and on the work!

4.  How is your shoulder feeling?
haha it is hangin in there!

5.  How is the rest of your body?  Knee, ankle????  My cute little orthopedically challenged girl!!
haha life is good, no complaints here!
6.  Do many hungarians in your city speak English?
uhm, yes there are a couple!!
7.  What is your favorite Hungarian goody?
linzerek oh my heavens i am obsessed with those. they are basically like a sugar cookie with some peach jam in the middle, but that description just does not do those bad boys any justice whatsoever

8.  What do you talk about in between knocking on doors when you are knocking on doors?
hahah usually we save all of our exciting life stories for tracting so we just talk about life basically!

9.  When you think of your area, what are you going to remember the most about it 10 years from now?
probably the GORGEOUS view of vesprém looking down from the castle and seeing all the gorgeous red roof tops that remind me so much of this cute countr

No comments:

Post a Comment