Friday, June 9, 2017

NINCS SOK IDŐM BOCS BARATAIM


Where is time going? holy cow.  I dont have lots of time, but I will hit the highlights of the week real quick
- we went to Esztergom last pday, and i say slovakia with my own eyes. also everyone needs to stop what theyre doing right now, save up money to go to hungary, SPECIFICALLY to see esztergom. it was that pretty ladies and gentleman.
- no cats in the apartment this week. GOD BLESS AMERICA
- we got a car because we are spoiled and air conditioning exists if you guys didnt know that
- Desző is getting baptised on FrIdAy and i have never felt SUCH A JOY IN MY LIFE. he is so excited, so prepared, and so cute
- it poured rain and sister morris and i (are you proud of me for my correct grammar mom?) stood in it because thats what you do as a missioanry for fun
- we had interviews with president yesterday and i need you all to know that i dont know a better man on this earth. that man is amazing. also we celebrated by going to hummis bar which brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. :')





ALSOOOO i finished the new testament this week, and I just wanted to say how amazing that book is. It is such a blessing that we have VOLUMES of scriptures talking about Christ's life, and talking about his perfect examples, and his teachings. also the teachings of paul, and his apostles. there is such a spirit that comes from studying about Jesus Christ. It gave me such a motivation to continue on in being one of his disciples. I absolutely LOVE being a full time missionary. It is beyond insane to me that my time is running down so quickly (but then i feel like i have been here for my whole life so i guess that makes sense?) i feel seriously honored every day to wear christs name on my chest, and to bring anyone that will listen the message of complete joy that comes through jesus christ. I love my mission. I love Jesus Christ, my older brother. 




HAGS



-swenson nővér



1.  Pday activity today?
GELERT HEGY. ah its going to be so pretty!

2.  When you go grocery shopping do you usually get everything for the week, or do you go and get stuff like daily?
we get everything for the week at one time!

3.  Did you say that you are learning how to do that Hungarian Embroidery?  I think about that all of the time when I look at the table runner that you sent me.  :) yes i am learning how to do it!! its not too hard but it takes years haha but i learned how to do it so i can defintiely teach you :)

4.  Have you ever used a sewing machine?  Did you like it? 
like in my life? haha yes probably, and i mean yah i liked it haha

5.  At your ward, are there more Hungarian speaking folks, or more English speaking folks?
its honestly a big half and half split!

6.  Does Hungary have a lot of immigrants?
uhmmm. honestly not a ton!

7.  What is your favorite part of going on splits?
getting to know the sisters, seriously and seeing beautiful places

8.  ARe you still running for your exercise?
yes i cant live without it haha 

9.  What was the holiday Hungary celebrated on Monday?
pentecost!!! some catholic thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment