Saturday, November 5, 2016

I GOT TO GO TO SZÉKESFEHÉRVÁR THIS WEEK.

First and foremost, I GOT TO GO TO SZÉKESFEHÉRVÁR THIS WEEK. my district leader is in székes so we get to go there for district meetings and you could basically say it is my dream come true. I love that place wayy too much. 




We had a really cool experience this week. We found an investigator in the area book named Wallner Viola that met with the missionaries a while back. 
 In the area book there was all this information about how she was super prepared, but then she moved to Germany. I had the impression to call her and see if she could meet. It turns out that she lives in Hungary again, and she was so excited to meet with us. We went to her house, and planned to talk about the restoration, but the spirit lead me to talk about the plan of salvation, and to share with her a story that is very personal to my heart. I felt very prompted to tell her about Sadie Wells, and the plan of salvation. and i have never felt the spirit stronger as i testified that i know I will see her again, and that Heavenly Father has created a PERFECT plan for us in our lives. She was extremely touched and i am forever grateful for that experience. Viola also came to church the following sunday. She is really, really prepared, and I am so thankful that Heavenly Father is trusting her in our hands. 


Saturday we did service in the branch house garden, Then we had this "Meet the mormons" night where we watched Meet the Mormons and talked all about why the Book of Mormon is fontos, and what it means to us. 

Halloween My companion and I dressed up like each other and thought we were hilarious haha.  We switched tags and while we were streeting, this way sick guy with the longest white beard my eyes have ever seen was SO interested in "Sister Swensons" heratige and her family name and that absolutely never happens haha it was so funny that it just so happened to be the one day we switched tags. 

I love this ország. I love arguing with bácsis about why we are here, I love the nénis that tell us that we are going to go infertile for sitting on a bench. I love that they don't believe in air conditioning, I love that if you don't wear a jacket everyone on the street tells you you are going to get a cold, I love eating hungarian food from hungarians that aboslutely stuff you, I love streeting people and hearing their incredible stories, I love knocking on peoples door and telling them how much happiness I have found through Jesus Christ, and the Book of Mormon, I love singing hungarian hymns, I love speaking hungarian, I love this country. I love these people. I love this work. I love being a missionary.



1.  Pday activities today?
WE ARE GOING TO THE ZOOOOOOO!

2.  How big is your new branch?
about 40 members!

3.  Tell me about your new apartment?  Nice, view? Warm?
hahahahahh my apartment is dubbed "the doctor suess apartment" we have like crooked doorways, there is 12 different colored walls, and there is probably like three working light bulbs. 

4.  Do you have any members that feed you in this area?
haha yes actually TONS. 

5.  Where is your companion from?
oregon

6.  Do you ever hear English being spoken in your new town?
sometimes!! not really! there is a return missionary in the branch that speaks fluent english so that is pretty nice!

7.  When is your next zone conference?  Are they always in Budapest?
november 15! yes it is always in budapest!

8.  Have you started thinking about a Christmas list????
yes!!i want an electric toothbrush hahaha

9.  Quick...funny story that happened to you and your companion this week.
we got a let in with this néni, and she fed us pumpkin and she had a bloody eye...? haha idk

10.  Please know how beautiful and precious you are!!!
i adore you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment