Monday, May 15, 2017

You can change your life if you can choose to be happy.

This week we had the absolute pleasure of having a member of the Presidency of the Quorum of the Seventy come and visit our mission. My testimony of prophets and apostles has been magnified this week. From the moment that Elder Kearon walked into the room you could literally feel that he was called of God. It was such an amazing feeling to be standing with a group of missionaries, who had all been searching for questions to be answered in a conference, with one of God's chosen prophets. i will absolutely NEVER forget this week. The things that I learned are beyond too lengthy to write in an email, but I do want to focus on one(or maybe two) of the points.

We THRIVE in opposition: you guys, think for about two seconds of the history of our church. Have we ever had a nice, flower lined path to walk unharmed to our destination? The answer is absolutely not. If you look at us statistically, we are so small, but that is what I am so grateful for. We do fantastic when we face impossible odds. I was thinking a lot about Joseph Smith. He lived a whole LIFE of opposition after his earth altering moment in the Sacred Grove, But I am nothing but thankful for that man's tenacity, For him facing the impossible odds that layed before him. Because of joseph Smith, I can be here today in Hungary, facing my impossible odds, and witnessing God's miracles every single day of my life. We as latter day saints thrive in opposition. Elder Kearon talked about Elder Ballard's perspective. His attitude when they go out to work is "lets go out and get ridiculed" this stemming from the apostle paul in the new testament. I LOVED that. I know that the normal world is a little bit different than missionary life, and you aren't having people reject you constantly about your beliefs, but we all face little types of opposition daily. and I think we should all apply Elder Ballards perspective. and hey, think of who we are taking all of this opposition for. It's worth it friends.


On a lighter note hahahah I GOT TO TALK TO MY BEAUTIFUL MOTHER AND PERFECT FAMILY AND CANDACE YESTERDAY and it was too good to be true. I feel it apropos to give my amazing mother the shout out she deserves. Every single time I show the hungarian people the picture of my mother, I tell that that she is the most Christ like person I have ever met in my life.
She is never not giving of herself, to help other people. She has been my rock out here on my mission, sends me more packages than I deserve.  There hasn't been a week where i didn't have a perfect email from her, and she wakes up at literally 3 in the morning every week to chat with me. I adore her, i want to be half as  good of a person as she is, and I get to see her IN LESS THAN THREE MONTHS.

sok szeretettel barataim, sok szeretettel
swenson nővér 




1.  So, what did you end up doing after your phone call for Mother's Day?
we got fed the most fantastic AMERICAN dinner (that involved hidden valley ranch) :') in the whole world. we even got a brownie trifle for dessert, GOD BLESS AMERICANS

 2.  What do you have planned for Pday today?
we are going to go to heros square with the elders wayyyy rad investigators. i am super excited!

 3.  What is the balance of Hungarians and Americans in your ward?  Are there any other nationalities that are pretty prevalent?
uhm, there is definitely more hungarians than americans, there is a guy from japan, and a couple of people from africa! but nothing much other than that!

 4.  Have the Elders in your district been out for a long time?  Except the greeny...Don't you have one of those? uhm not really actually! elder ure has been out for 4 months more than i have, then everyone else is at lease 2 groups below me!

 5.  When the American members have you over for dinner do they make American ish foods?
yes they do because americans just get it.

 6. When was the last time you had a pizza?
honestly, probably on the night we celebrated the night before the night before christmas in veszprém!

 
7.  Do they celebrate Mother's Day in Hungary?
yes they do but its a week before american mothers day

 8.  Do you go to ward council in this ward?
we do as missionarys, yes, but me and sister morris live an hour away from the church and the elders live like 3 minutes away so they usually go.

 9.  Do you have a good ward mission leader in your ward?
yah he is doing great!

 10.  You are BEAUTIFUL.  Seeing you today made my mamma heart burst at the seams.  Love you so much.
you already know i love you, SO MUCH MORE. it was so good talking to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment