For my fourth of July I became a legal citizen of Debrecen in Hungary. if that isn't patriotic i don't know what is.
I did ask every hungarian I talked to what the date was, and when they said "the fourth of july" I would say, "wait a minute, isnt tha't AN AMERICAN holiday?" I was just curious you know?
We went on splits this week, and I finally got to be with Sister Hughes. I have served with half of her companions, and I know everything about her, so it was about time we got to go on a split or something. My goal for the split was to do absolutely every single thing that I didn't want to do. cause sometimes as a missionary you have these thoughts like 'ah I should talk to that person, but like look they are looking at their phone, they are OBVIOUSLY BUSY' So, my goal was to every time I had one of those thoughts, I just had to do it. so it started out by me stopping this individual who was flying by on his bike. I thought, "who in their right mind would stop someone going that fast on a bike?" So I just stood right in front and said, heyyyy uh excuse me for a second... (spoiler alert this guy ended up already knowing who we were, scheduling with us for the next day, and he actually showed up and became a new investigator. he is SO COOL.) when that happened, Hughes and I just got SO EXCITED. and ended up having the craziest, boldest little split. Things that were done:
1. Stopped individual mid bike ride
2. Streeted terrifyingly handsome youth with headphones in at bus stop
3. Grumpy néni as she was about to get on the vilamos
4. A group of 15 people having a BBQ.
5. finding out from said group of 15 people having a BBQ that it was a reformed catholic church mid single adult activity :')
Yesterday all of my dreams came true and we found a real, hungarian SUNFLOWER FIELD. After tracting all day in the cutest Hungarian village that i wish i was a painter and had the skills necessary to paint you a picture. it was that adorable. i have only been searching for one of these guys since the moment I entered this country.
life is way too good.
time going way too fast
I am way too excited to see you all
Iam way too sad to leave.
HAVE WAY TOO GOOD OF A WEEK
with a lot of szeretettel
2. Where are the Elders in your district from? How long have they been out? Have you ever served with either of them?
gajdos is from utah. its his 5th transfer. Cushing is from Kansas/New york, 4th transfer i think?
3. Do you have a 3 hour block at your branch for Sunday?
yes we do because debrecen is rad
4. What is the number one sport in Hungary?
hmmm probably soccer?
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
a yogurt parfair. coconut yogurt, pomogranite granola, apples, and bananas because i am classy
6. Is your new companion a runner?
YES :') i told you i am in love with her
7. Do you get any potential investigators from your branch members?
no because member work in hungary is rough man
8. Do Hungarians have good dental work? (I am watching a dental commercial...)
NO. i am not joking you most of the nightmares i have had on my missoin consist of my teeth falling out because of all of the terrible teeth here. BRUSHING YOUR TEETH IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE
9. IF you were a hungarian teenager, what would you do for fun Friday night?
sit by the nagy templom and smoke haha
10. You write the best letters. You are a gifted writer sweet Lindsi!!!